Is Richard Carrier Right About Zalmoxis and Jesus?

Share:


I was investigating the claim a few years ago that the gospels just copy and repeat the well-established dying and rising god myths that were allegedly common in the time before Jesus. During my research, I came across the name of a deity that was unfamiliar to me: Zalmoxis. This video is the result of my investigation into who Zalmoxis was and whether or not he is an example of a dying and rising god.

I particularly interacted with some statements made about Zalmoxis by prominent atheist Richard Carrier, who likes to draw parallels between aspects of the Zalmoxis story and the resurrection of Jesus. As the video shows, these comparisons are thin and sometimes very badly stretched in order for Richard to make his point. I won't repeat here what I have said in the video, so please watch it if you are interested.

No comments

Leave a comment below: